Admin Platform Team Lead
Endowus is Asia’s leading fee-only wealth platform. Headquartered in Singapore, we are the first digital advisor to span both private wealth and public pension savings (CPF & SRS), helping everyone grow all their money with expert advice, institutional access to financial solutions, low & fair fees, and a delightful personalised digital wealth experience.
Our clients entrust us with a responsibility that goes far beyond technology or financial markets - they entrust us with their wealth - their livelihoods and ambitions of a better future for themselves and their loved ones. Our mission is clear: help people invest better so they can live easier today, and better tomorrow.
The people you will work with
The team has deep domain knowledge in finance and technology, bringing together decades of experience at Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, UBS, Credit Suisse, The Blackstone Group, AQR, Grab, Dropbox, Lyft, Redmart, Carousell, Bytedance, Grab, Kakao, Alibaba, and more. See our leadership team here. We treasure our diversity in background and experience, and we look for people who share our belief in our clear mission.
Investors, recognition, licensing
Endowus is backed by UBS, Samsung Ventures, Singtel Innov8, and global leading venture capital firms Lightspeed Venture Partners and SoftBank Ventures Asia.
Endowus has been recognised by the industry with the following awards: Singapore’s Rising Star and Fintech Innovation (Asia Asset Management’s Best of the Best Awards 2021), and WealthTech of the Year (Asia FinTech Awards 2021).
Endowus is licensed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS).
About this role; responsibilities & ownership
- Lead a small but powerful team of full-stack developers (2 to 3 engineers) to build the world class internal administration platform that is core to our business operations
- Produce clean and testable code that can be confidently released in production. Review other team members’ contributions.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Work closely with Product and business teams to produce high-quality results.
- You thrive in an environment with short feedback loops.
Requirements & qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar experience.
- You have more than 3 years of experience working in the projects where you represented the engineering team as a tech/project lead, facing business users directly
- You have more than 8 years of experience in building web applications, preferably in a modern front-end stack with React.js/Redux and Spring Framework with
- Spring Boot for the past 2 years
- Experience with agile processes, testing, CI/CD, and production error/metrics monitoring.
- Eager and willing to learn new things. Staying up to date with the latest technologies.
- We love making things beautiful and hope you feel the same.
- Being a team player is key. We are a small but growing team, and we believe in building an environment that fosters a sense of belonging for all of our employees.
Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
Nice to haves
- Experience working with Spring Framework using Java 8+ on the server-side and client-side
- Experience working with Eventful Microservices platform
- Basic understanding of infrastructure (e.g. databases, message queues, Dock
- Experience working in financial services, understanding of trading, investment and portfolio construction
Benefits & perks
- Stock options in a fast growing company *
- Flexible working hours and locations so you can live life and your best work - you are trusted to be responsible
- Medical insurance (with dental!) *
- The opportunity to work with smart, curious, deeply caring people
- We care about your health and productivity:
- Omnidesk Standing Desk
- 32 inch or 42 inch 4K Dell UltraSharp USB Type-C Monitor
- Multiple-choices of high-end mechanical keyboards, mouses and ergonomic chairs
- Apple/PC equipment
- S$250 budget for your favourite hardware to boost productivity *
- S$20 budget for weekly team lunch
- Regular team outings (before COVID-19)
- Employee discount for investing at Endowus; All the investment advice and help you may ever need (books, reports, access to investment professionals)
- Market competitive total compensation package
- A shelf full of books from Personal Finance to Software Engineering
- Awesome office view and cosy environment at 158 Cecil Street (ex-Airbnb Office) yet everyone works hard
Note: * is only applicable to Full-Time employees
How to apply
Everyone can be an Endowus client. If you are not yet a client, please create an account to understand our services and technology, and can see if our mission is something that aligns with your personal beliefs. We value your feedback on our product and will ask you for your insights throughout the interview process.
To apply email email@example.com with the following details:
- Email subject: [Role you are applying for], [Your name]
- Attach your CV
- Cover letter in body of your email
- Desired salary/package
- Notice period (if any)
- Current location
- Visa assistance for role location? (Y/N)