Front-end Engineering Manager
Endowus is Asia’s leading fee-only digital wealth platform. Headquartered in Singapore, we are the first digital advisor to span both private wealth and public pension savings (CPF & SRS), helping all investors grow their money with expert advice, institutional access to financial solutions, low & fair fees, and a delightful personalised digital wealth experience.
Our clients entrust us with a responsibility that goes far beyond technology or financial markets - they entrust us with their wealth - their livelihoods and ambitions of a better future for themselves and their loved ones. Our mission is clear: help people invest better so they can live easier today, and better tomorrow.
The people you will work with
The team has deep domain knowledge in finance and technology, bringing together decades of experience at Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, UBS, Credit Suisse, The Blackstone Group, AQR, Grab, Dropbox, Lyft, Redmart, Carousell, Bytedance, Grab, Kakao, Alibaba, and more. See our leadership team here. We practise inclusion and treasure our diversity in background and experience. A diverse team is our biggest asset and we look for people who share our belief in Endowus' clear mission.
Investors, recognition, licensing
Endowus is backed by global leading strategic and venture capital investors including UBS, Samsung Ventures, EDBI, Prosus Ventures, ZVC, Singtel Innov8, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and SoftBank Ventures Asia.
Endowus has been recognised by the industry with the following awards: Singapore’s Rising Star and Fintech Innovation (Asia Asset Management’s Best of the Best Awards 2021), LinkedIn Top Start-ups 2021, WealthTech of the Year (Asia FinTech Awards 2021), and the top 15 Singapore’s Best Workplaces Award (Great Place to Work).
Endowus is licensed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS).
About this team
Our Front-end team consists of the Web Team, the Mobile Team, and the Conductor (BFF) Team. The Web Team is responsible for our React.js Web Application, Content Management System (CMS), and event-tracking. The Mobile Team is responsible for our Flutter Mobile app for iOS & Android. The Conductor Team is responsible for the backend-for-frontend (BFF) layer built on Nest.js framework as well as the email & native notification sub-system built on Kafka and WebSocket.
About this role; responsibilities & ownership
- As the Engineering Manager, you own the happiness and success of the Front-End team. As someone with a deep technical background and an ability to manage relationships & people, you’ll hire, coach, and grow a world-class engineering team. Using your technical credibility and ability to dive into details of the team’s work, you will guide the team to successful deliveries for our business, staying on top of tech debt and continuously finding better ways of building & operating our systems.
- Seek to build a great team with the technical leads and engineers of Front-end Web, Mobile, and Conductor teams, making them happy and successful.
- Hold regular 1:1's with all members of your team
- Plan and execute long term strategies that benefit the team and the product vision
- Implement & Improve metrics driven processes to make your team more effective
- Own the delivery of product commitments
- Coordinate across departments to accomplish shared goals
- Continuously follow the constantly evolving scenes of Web Technology, Mobile Technology and/or Backend-for-frontend (BFF) Technology.
- Foster technical decision making on the team, drive consensus amongst stakeholders, and make final decisions when necessary
- Conduct code reviews and make technical contributions to product architecture
- Get involved in solving bugs and delivering small features
- Participate in the Incident and Production Support Rotation to help ensure the stability goals for Endowus.com are met by working with reliability engineers ( Platform Engineering Team) and development team members.
Requirements & qualifications
- 5 years or more experience in a Front-end Software Engineering role
- 2 years or more experience in a leadership role with current technical experience
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Our values of collaboration, integrity, efficiency, iteration, and transparency resonate with you
Nice to haves
- You have experience working with modern front-end frameworks (eg. React, Vue.js, Node.js)
- You have working knowledge of Flutter
- You have working knowledge of Nest.js or Spring Boot in Java/Kotlin.
- You have experience building financial services or mission-critical systems (e.g. Booking, Healthcare, Banking)
- You have experience contributing to open-source software
Benefits & perks
- Stock options in a fast growing company *
- Employee discount for investing at Endowus
- Flexible working hours and locations so you can live life and your best work - you are trusted to be responsible
- Competitive Staff Benefits; Annual Leave, Medical insurance, Dental *
- Productivity Equipment; Omnidesk Standing Desk & Ergonomic Chairs, 32/42 inch 4K Dell UltraSharp USB Type-C Monitor, high-end computer peripherals
- Choice of Apple or PC equipment
- Additional S$250 budget for your favourite hardware to boost productivity *
Note: * is only applicable to Full-Time employees
How to apply
Everyone can be an Endowus client. If you are not yet a client, please create an account to understand our services and technology, and can see if our mission is something that aligns with your personal beliefs. We value your feedback on our product and will ask you for your insights throughout the interview process.
To apply email Engineering.Careers@Endowus.com with the following details:
- Email subject: [Role you are applying for], [Your name]
- Attach your CV
- Cover letter in body of your email
- Desired salary/package
- Notice period (if any)
- Current location
- Visa assistance for role location? (Y/N)