Growth Engineering Tech Lead
Endowus is Asia’s leading fee-only digital wealth platform. Headquartered in Singapore, we are the first digital advisor to span both private wealth and public pension savings (CPF & SRS), helping all investors grow their money with expert advice, institutional access to financial solutions, low & fair fees, and a delightful personalised digital wealth experience.
Our clients entrust us with a responsibility that goes far beyond technology or financial markets - they entrust us with their wealth - their livelihoods and ambitions of a better future for themselves and their loved ones. Our mission is clear: help people invest better so they can live easier today, and better tomorrow.
The people you will work with
The team has deep domain knowledge in finance and technology, bringing together decades of experience at Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, UBS, Credit Suisse, The Blackstone Group, AQR, Grab, Dropbox, Lyft, Redmart, Carousell, Bytedance, Grab, Kakao, Alibaba, and more. See our leadership team here. We practise inclusion and treasure our diversity in background and experience. A diverse team is our biggest asset and we look for people who share our belief in Endowus' clear mission.
Investors, recognition, licensing
Endowus is backed by global leading strategic and venture capital investors including UBS, Samsung Ventures, EDBI, Prosus Ventures, ZVC, Singtel Innov8, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and SoftBank Ventures Asia.
Endowus has been recognised by the industry with the following awards: Singapore’s Rising Star and Fintech Innovation (Asia Asset Management’s Best of the Best Awards 2021), LinkedIn Top Start-ups 2021, WealthTech of the Year (Asia FinTech Awards 2021), and the top 15 Singapore’s Best Workplaces Award (Great Place to Work).
Endowus is licensed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS).
About the team
You will be leading the Growth Engineering team, on a mission to scale and automate lead generation processes at Endowus. This team works closely with the Front-end Engineering team, Product team, Marketing team and Customer Experience team to create, develop and maintain services and tools for lead generation, promotion & loyalty management, data enhancement, and enabling marketing attribution & analysis.
About this role; responsibilities & ownership
- Works closely with the Front-end Engineering team, Product team, Marketing team to refactor, create, develop and maintain services and tools for lead generation, promotion & loyalty management, data enhancement and enabling marketing attribution & analysis.
- Lead, mentor and grow a talented team of 3 Software Engineers (2 full-stack, 1 back-end).
- Being part of Endowus's Technology team, you will build end-to-end product features that you are confident of delighting user experiences.
- You will need to leverage the entire technology stack to realise these goals and will be part of a team that is constantly tackling difficult questions of scale, architecture, and interaction.
- Empower the Growth Engineering team to achieve a high level of technical quality & reliability.
Requirements & qualifications
- Bachelors' or above in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent professional experience
- You have more than 3 years of experience working in projects where you represented the engineering team as a tech/project lead, facing business users directly.
- You have more than 5 years of experience building software applications at different scales.
- Experience with agile processes, testing, CI/CD, and production error/metrics monitoring.
- Strong team and project leadership; Self-driven, has a strong sense of ownership.
- Comfortable with numbers and motivated by steep learning curves
- Being a team player is key. We are a small but growing team, and we believe in building an environment that fosters a sense of belonging for all of our employees.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
Nice to haves
- Experience working with Eventful Microservices platform
- Developed digital growth solutions for consumer-facing products
- Developed promotion, voucher issuing, rewards or loyalty programs management application
- Developed mission-critical products, e.g. trading platforms, medical applications
- Basic knowledge of finance and trading
- Familiar with the jargon of Growth Hacking - e.g. CAC, CPC, CR, LTV, PV
- Preferably some exposure to CQRS / Event Sourcing patterns
- Solid understanding of infrastructure (e.g. databases, message queues, Docker)
Benefits & perks
- Stock options in a fast growing company *
- Employee discount for investing at Endowus
- Flexible working hours and locations so you can live life and your best work - you are trusted to be responsible
- Competitive Staff Benefits; Annual Leave, Medical insurance, Dental *
- Productivity Equipment; Omnidesk Standing Desk & Ergonomic Chairs, Dell UltraSharp USB Type-C Monitor, high-end computer peripherals
- Choice of Apple or PC equipment
- Additional S$250 /HKD 1450 budget for your favourite hardware to boost productivity *
Note: * is only applicable to Full-Time employees
- Email subject: [Role you are applying for], [Your name]
- Attach your CV
- Content portfolio — Original content creation (English and Traditional Chinese), translation (English to Traditional Chinese), any marketing/social media samples
- Cover letter in body of your email
- Desired salary/package
- Notice period (if any)
- Current location
- Visa assistance for role location? (Y/N)