Head of People
Endowus is Asia’s leading fee-only wealth platform. Headquartered in Singapore, we are the first digital advisor to span both private wealth and public pension savings (CPF & SRS), helping everyone grow all their money with expert advice, institutional access to financial solutions, low & fair fees, and a delightful personalised digital wealth experience.
Our clients entrust us with a responsibility that goes far beyond technology or financial markets - they entrust us with their wealth - their livelihoods and ambitions of a better future for themselves and their loved ones. Our mission is clear: help people invest better so they can live easier today, and better tomorrow.
The people you will work with
The team has deep domain knowledge in finance and technology, bringing together decades of experience at Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, UBS, Credit Suisse, The Blackstone Group, AQR, Grab, Dropbox, Lyft, Redmart, Carousell, Bytedance, Grab, Kakao, Alibaba, and more. See our leadership team here. We treasure our diversity in background and experience, and we look for people who share our belief in our clear mission.
Investors, recognition, licensing
Endowus is backed by UBS, Samsung Ventures, Singtel Innov8, and global leading venture capital firms Lightspeed Venture Partners and SoftBank Ventures Asia.
Endowus has been recognised by the industry with the following awards: Singapore’s Rising Star and Fintech Innovation (Asia Asset Management’s Best of the Best Awards 2021), and WealthTech of the Year (Asia FinTech Awards 2021).
Endowus is licensed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS).
About this role; responsibilities & ownership
- Strategic - Work with the Leadership team to align to the short & long term business vision and drive org design that would facilitate the achievement of the business goals.
- Owner of People Practices – Set up world class People Policies that are aligned to a fast paced growing organization and considered by external & internal talent as an attractive career option
- Talent Attraction & Recruiting - Identify business needs proactively, build competency frameworks for evaluation, set up recruiting channels & hiring process, run an “A grade” candidate experience process, mentor and lead a team of high caliber HR professionals
- Talent Development – Provide professional expertise and support in the design, development and implementation of the talent review process that is required to achieve business goals
- Critical Retention & Succession plan – Work with the CEO to identify critical talent in the org and set up key retention plans for this talent pool (e.g. deferential long term Cash + ESOP plan / career growth plan). At the same time, build succession plan for critical roles
- HR Systems – Identify key areas in the org that can be automated, introduce HR systems which will drive a high grade employee experience as well as help the management take decisions basis data
- Compensation Strategy – Work w/ functional leaders to benchmark the skills required in their orgs and drive the compensation strategy that pegs the firm competitively in the market
Requirements & qualifications
- Great for early stage companies of <200 people (we are >80 people currently)
- HR business partner work experience in a fast-paced environment
- Strong functional depth and experience, ability to tale decisions on People, Systems and Org related matters
- Built and led a distributed orgs with exposure to world-class people practices & talent networksIdealistic but not theoretical.
- Pragmatic and business output driven
Benefits & perks
- Stock options in a fast growing company *
- Flexible working hours and locations so you can live life and your best work - you are trusted to be responsible
- Medical insurance (with dental!) *
- The opportunity to work with smart, curious, deeply caring people
- We care about your health and productivity:
- Omnidesk Standing Desk
- 32 inch or 42 inch 4K Dell UltraSharp USB Type-C Monitor
- Multiple-choices of high-end mechanical keyboards, mouses and ergonomic chairs
- Apple/PC equipment
- S$250 budget for your favourite hardware to boost productivity *
- S$20 budget for weekly team lunch
- Regular team outings (before COVID-19)
- Employee discount for investing at Endowus; All the investment advice and help you may ever need (books, reports, access to investment professionals)
- Market competitive total compensation package
- A shelf full of books from Personal Finance to Software Engineering
- Awesome office view and cosy environment at 158 Cecil Street (ex-Airbnb Office) yet everyone works hard
Note: * is only applicable to Full-Time employees
How to apply
Everyone can be an Endowus client. If you are not yet a client, please create an account to understand our services and technology, and can see if our mission is something that aligns with your personal beliefs. We value your feedback on our product and will ask you for your insights throughout the interview process.
To apply email email@example.com with the following details:
- Email subject: [Role you are applying for], [Your name]
- Attach your CV
- Cover letter in body of your email
- Desired salary/package
- Notice period (if any)
- Current location
- Visa assistance for role location? (Y/N)