Investment Office Intern
Endowus is Asia’s leading fee-only digital wealth platform. Licensed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) and Hong Kong Securities & Futures Commission (SFC), Endowus is the first digital advisor in the region to span both private wealth (Cash) and public pension savings (CPF & SRS in Singapore), helping all investors grow their money with expert advice, institutional access to financial solutions, low and fair fees, and a delightful personalised digital wealth experience.
Our clients entrust us with a responsibility that goes far beyond technology or financial markets - they entrust us with their wealth - their livelihoods and ambitions of a better future for themselves and their loved ones. Our mission is clear: help people invest better so they can live easier today, and better tomorrow.
The people you will work with
The team has deep domain knowledge in finance and technology, bringing together decades of experience at Morgan Stanley, Amazon, JPMorgan, UBS, Goldman Sachs, Blackstone, Vanguard, ANT, Fidelity, McKinsey, Grab, ByteDance, and many others. See our leadership team here. We practise inclusion and treasure our diversity in background and experience. A diverse team is our biggest asset and we look for people who share our belief in Endowus’ clear mission.
Investors, recognition, licensing
Endowus is backed by global leading strategic and venture capital investors including UBS, SoftBank Ventures Asia, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Samsung Ventures, Prosus Ventures, EDBI, ZVC, Singtel Innov8.
Endowus’ leadership and growth have been recognised by the industry and it has attained numerous awards including Singapore’s Rising Star and Fintech Innovation in Asset Management, CEO of the Year, CIO of the Year (Asia Asset Management’s Best of the Best Awards 2022), Singapore’s Fintech Startup of the Year (The Asset Triple A Digital Awards 2022), LinkedIn Top Start-ups 2021, Forbes Asia 100 to Watch, WealthTech of the Year (Asia FinTech Awards 2022), Top 15 Singapore’s Best Workplaces Award and Top 100 Asia’s Best Workplaces Award 2022 (Great Place to Work).
Our internship program is intended for individuals for conversion to a full time role. Interns who exhibit strong performance and positive peer feedback will be eligible to be considered for conversion to full-time employment at Endowus, subject to resourcing needs.
About this role; responsibilities & ownership
- Aiding the Chief Investment Officer (former CEO & CIO of Morgan Stanley Investment Management Asia) & Head of Investments (former Head of Managed Product Sales & Distribution at Morgan Stanley Private Wealth Asia) in working for the Endowus Investment Office.
- Key areas of focus will be 1) coordination with local fund houses & handling fund related topics; 2) portfolio construction & optimization; 3) fund (fund manager) due diligence.
- Ability to play Business Development/Partnership roles with internal stakeholders and external product players - major global and local fund management companies in selecting funds, due diligence, build and maintain partnerships.
- Internal collaboration to build out tech solutions for investing including design, manufacturer and implementation of investment product & platform advisory solutions.
- Involves often manual and tedious work related to maintenance and update of database, FAQs, editing work, data input work, Bloomberg/Morningstar analysis, etc.
Requirements & qualifications
- Able to commit part time or full time, starting from 4Q 2022 for a period of at least six months.
- Strong alignment to the mission and vision of Endowus
- Strong finance, economic, accounting knowledge required. A degree in these disciplines or CFA or MBA is preferred.
- Strong interest in personal finance, wealth, investing, asset allocation, multi-asset strategy, retirement solutions, roboadvisors, etc.
- A strong desire to learn and grow and collaborate to build a meaningful enterprise in solving the biggest pain points in investing and wealth by leveraging technology.
- Self-motivated, diligent, collaborative, and uplifting team player with a hunger to learn and contribute.
- Strong communication skills in English is required. Has demonstrated ability to write content well and to conduct public speaking effectively.
- You may be supporting the Hong Kong office and language capabilities in native Cantonese or Mandarin will be preferred.
- Ability to use Bloomberg, Morningstar (preferred), spreadsheets, docs, slides/ppt, etc.
Benefits & perks
- Stock options in a fast growing company *
- Employee discount for investing at Endowus
- Flexible working hours and locations so you can live life and your best work - you are trusted to be responsible
- Competitive Staff Benefits; Annual leave, Life & Medical Insurance, Flexible Benefits Allowance *
- Office Productivity Equipment; Omnidesk Standing Desk & Ergonomic Chairs, Dell UltraSharp USB Type-C Monitor, high-end computer peripherals
- Choice of latest Apple or PC equipment
- Additional S$250 /HKD 1450 budget for your favourite hardware to boost productivity *
Note: * is only applicable to Full-Time employees
- Email subject: [Role you are applying for], [Your name]
- Attach your CV
- Content portfolio — Original content creation (English and Traditional Chinese), translation (English to Traditional Chinese), any marketing/social media samples
- Cover letter in body of your email
- Desired salary/package
- Notice period (if any)
- Current location
- Visa assistance for role location? (Y/N)