Endowus is Asia’s leading fee-only digital wealth platform. Headquartered in Singapore, we are the first digital advisor to span both private wealth and public pension savings (CPF & SRS), helping all investors grow their money with expert advice, institutional access to financial solutions, low & fair fees, and a delightful personalised digital wealth experience.
Our clients entrust us with a responsibility that goes far beyond technology or financial markets - they entrust us with their wealth - their livelihoods and ambitions of a better future for themselves and their loved ones. Our mission is clear: help people invest better so they can live easier today, and better tomorrow.
The people you will work with
The team has deep domain knowledge in finance and technology, bringing together decades of experience at Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, UBS, Credit Suisse, The Blackstone Group, AQR, Grab, Dropbox, Lyft, Redmart, Carousell, Bytedance, Grab, Kakao, Alibaba, and more. See our leadership team here. We practise inclusion and treasure our diversity in background and experience. A diverse team is our biggest asset and we look for people who share our belief in Endowus' clear mission.
Investors, recognition, licensing
Endowus is backed by global leading strategic and venture capital investors including UBS, Samsung Ventures, EDBI, Prosus Ventures, ZVC, Singtel Innov8, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and SoftBank Ventures Asia.
Endowus has been recognised by the industry with the following awards: Singapore’s Rising Star and Fintech Innovation (Asia Asset Management’s Best of the Best Awards 2021), LinkedIn Top Start-ups 2021, WealthTech of the Year (Asia FinTech Awards 2021), and the top 15 Singapore’s Best Workplaces Award (Great Place to Work).
Endowus is licensed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS).
About this team
The Legal Department at Endowus is looking for a talented lawyer to join a growing team in APAC. Be ready to be agile and help with a wide spectrum of work.Endowus is one of the leading digital advisory players in Singapore with aspirations to grow across the APAC region in the next few years. Endowus operates within a complex and interwoven legal, regulatory, and financial partnership environment. You should be comfortable working independently and making decisions on your own, reviewing and advising on challenging regulatory issues, and providing advice across cross-functional legal, compliance, and business teams. Join us to be challenged and solve problems.
About this role; responsibilities & ownership
- Work closely across the business including compliance, risk, engineering, product operations, product, marketing, client experience and other teams to provide proactive, in-depth, business-focused advice.
- Manage outside counsel across jurisdictions to ensure timely and knowledgeable support of critical product work.
- Advise and lead on general corporate law matters include capital raising, shareholder matters and implement necessary corporate transactional steps for regional work.
- Lead the negotiation of contracts for different parts of the business lines, and support in a variety of transactional and corporate governance initiatives.
- Be responsible for drafting and reviewing legal documents and maintaining templates for the business.
- Provide legal business partner training and counsel to non-legal stakeholders to enable stronger legal acumen across the company.
Requirements & qualifications
- 5 years of post-qualification experience as a qualified lawyer working on general corporate and financing matters.
- A broad legal knowledge that enables you to spot and resolve a variety of legal issues (e.g., regulatory, contract, IP, privacy, consumer protection, risk); and an ability to distill complexity and to identify and clearly communicate practical, risk-based solutions.
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders–from compliance to sales to external financial partners, enterprises, and executives.
- A passion for learning about disruptive fintech business models and the intricacies of how they are structured.
- Great organizational skills.
Nice to haves
- Be curious, willing and able to roll up your sleeves and get into the details of new business models but possibly do things outside of your comfort zone.
- Love to learn and be a quick study on new things, how they work, and what they do.
- Thrive working on a team in a fast-paced environment with priorities that frequently change and occasionally compete.
- Be a great communicator and solid project manager, able to effectively prioritize and advance a large number of matters, often on tight deadlines
Benefits & perks
- Stock options in a fast growing company *
- Employee discount for investing at Endowus
- Flexible working hours and locations so you can live life and your best work - you are trusted to be responsible
- Competitive Staff Benefits; Annual Leave, Medical insurance, Dental *
- Productivity Equipment; Omnidesk Standing Desk & Ergonomic Chairs, 32/42 inch 4K Dell UltraSharp USB Type-C Monitor, high-end computer peripherals
- Choice of Apple or PC equipment
- Additional S$250 budget for your favourite hardware to boost productivity *
Note: * is only applicable to Full-Time employees
How to apply
Everyone can be an Endowus client. If you are not yet a client, please create an account to understand our services and technology, and can see if our mission is something that aligns with your personal beliefs. We value your feedback on our product and will ask you for your insights throughout the interview process.
To apply email Careers@Endowus.com with the following details:
- Email subject: [Role you are applying for], [Your name]
- Attach your CV
- Cover letter in body of your email
- Desired salary/package
- Notice period (if any)
- Current location
- Visa assistance for role location? (Y/N)