Product Design Lead
Endowus is Asia’s leading fee-only digital wealth platform. Licensed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) and Hong Kong Securities & Futures Commission (SFC), Endowus is the first digital advisor in the region to span both private wealth (Cash) and public pension savings (CPF & SRS in Singapore), helping all investors grow their money with expert advice, institutional access to financial solutions, low and fair fees, and a delightful personalised digital wealth experience.
Our clients entrust us with a responsibility that goes far beyond technology or financial markets - they entrust us with their wealth - their livelihoods and ambitions of a better future for themselves and their loved ones. Our mission is clear: help people invest better so they can live easier today, and better tomorrow.
The people you will work with
The team has deep domain knowledge in finance and technology, bringing together decades of experience at Morgan Stanley, Amazon, JPMorgan, UBS, Goldman Sachs, Blackstone, Vanguard, ANT, Fidelity, McKinsey, Grab, ByteDance, and many others. See our leadership team here. We practise inclusion and treasure our diversity in background and experience. A diverse team is our biggest asset and we look for people who share our belief in Endowus’ clear mission.
Investors, recognition, licensing
Endowus is backed by global leading strategic and venture capital investors including UBS, SoftBank Ventures Asia, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Samsung Ventures, Prosus Ventures, EDBI, ZVC, Singtel Innov8.
Endowus’ leadership and growth have been recognised by the industry and it has attained numerous awards including Singapore’s Rising Star and Fintech Innovation in Asset Management, CEO of the Year, CIO of the Year (Asia Asset Management’s Best of the Best Awards 2022), Singapore’s Fintech Startup of the Year (The Asset Triple A Digital Awards 2022), LinkedIn Top Start-ups 2021, Forbes Asia 100 to Watch, WealthTech of the Year (Asia FinTech Awards 2022), Top 15 Singapore’s Best Workplaces Award and Top 100 Asia’s Best Workplaces Award 2022 (Great Place to Work).
About this role, responsibilities & ownership
- Create delightful solutions that solve real customer problems
- Drive the product design and design strategy for Endowus’ web and mobile app.
- You will be a player/coach i.e., you will oversee a small team of designers and also own/deliver on specific initiatives end-to-end
- You would own the end-to-end user journey and all aspects of design execution from ideation to prototyping to final product.
- You would work autonomously in a cross functional team with our designers, product managers and engineers to oversee the design of our entire product, from the onboarding process, picking their investments, interacting with the platform (buying/selling/rebalancing) and developing new products.
Some projects you could work on:
- Adopt the new user mindset and create effective and seamless onboarding experiences
- Run experiments on how to increase adoption of our investment products for certain demographics and markets
- Develop hypotheses on what our platform needs in order to get users familiarised with investing on Endowus
- 8+ years experience designing and shipping consumer-focused products, track record of designing products that drove business growth.
- A deep appreciation and ability to create features with visual polish. You sweat the details for the look and feel of our app. You have a deep understanding of composition, balance, symmetry, and white space.
- Strong people management and mentorship skills.
- Experience designing for mobile (more critical) and the web, and understanding how to apply both form and function within it while maintaining simplicity.
- A solid grasp of user-centred design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, usability and accessibility concerns.
- An understanding of what makes an experience good or bad is critical. You can think through user problems, find reasonable solutions, mock them up in detail, and work with engineers to build them.
- You understand the technical limitations and liberties behind your decisions and have enough chops to communicate your ideas to our PMs and engineers.
- Passionate and excited about wanting to build an innovative financial services company. Experience working in financial services is helpful but not a must.
- You want to work on a team of the world's best software engineers and product managers, building a product that everyone in the world can use.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You love tackling ambiguous problems and shaping them into clear projects and goals to achieve
- You have great editing sensibilities to sharpen your designs and articulate your thought process with the team.
- You sweat the details, value high quality well crafted visual design, and care about the details
- You are comfortable leading large projects
Benefits & perks
- Stock options in a fast growing company *
- Employee discount for investing at Endowus
- Flexible working hours and locations so you can live life and your best work - you are trusted to be responsible
- Competitive Staff Benefits; Annual leave, Life & Medical Insurance, Flexible Benefits Allowance *
- Office Productivity Equipment; Omnidesk Standing Desk & Ergonomic Chairs, Dell UltraSharp USB Type-C Monitor, high-end computer peripherals
- Choice of latest Apple or PC equipment
- Additional S$250 /HKD 1450 budget for your favourite hardware to boost productivity *
Note: * is only applicable to Full-Time employees
- Email subject: [Role you are applying for], [Your name]
- Attach your CV
- Content portfolio — Original content creation (English and Traditional Chinese), translation (English to Traditional Chinese), any marketing/social media samples
- Cover letter in body of your email
- Requirement for credit bearing
- Notice period (if any)
- Current location
- Visa assistance for role location? (Y/N)