Senior Backend Engineer (Investment Advice)
Endowus is Asia’s leading fee-only digital wealth platform. Headquartered in Singapore, we are the first digital advisor to span both private wealth and public pension savings (CPF & SRS), helping all investors grow their money with expert advice, institutional access to financial solutions, low & fair fees, and a delightful personalised digital wealth experience.
Our clients entrust us with a responsibility that goes far beyond technology or financial markets - they entrust us with their wealth - their livelihoods and ambitions of a better future for themselves and their loved ones. Our mission is clear: help people invest better so they can live easier today, and better tomorrow.
The people you will work with
The team has deep domain knowledge in finance and technology, bringing together decades of experience at Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, UBS, Credit Suisse, The Blackstone Group, AQR, Grab, Dropbox, Lyft, Redmart, Carousell, Bytedance, Grab, Kakao, Alibaba, and more. See our leadership team here. We practise inclusion and treasure our diversity in background and experience. A diverse team is our biggest asset and we look for people who share our belief in Endowus' clear mission.
Investors, recognition, licensing
Endowus is backed by global leading strategic and venture capital investors including UBS, Samsung Ventures, EDBI, Prosus Ventures, ZVC, Singtel Innov8, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and SoftBank Ventures Asia.
Endowus has been recognised by the industry with the following awards: Singapore’s Rising Star and Fintech Innovation (Asia Asset Management’s Best of the Best Awards 2021), LinkedIn Top Start-ups 2021, WealthTech of the Year (Asia FinTech Awards 2021), and the top 15 Singapore’s Best Workplaces Award (Great Place to Work).
Endowus is licensed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS).
About this team
One of the most straightforward ways to help people invest better is by providing them access to the best investment products available in the market. The Investment Advice team develops systems that enable Endowus to do just that. This team is responsible for introducing new investment products to our platform and presenting them to our customers in a meaningful way paired with appropriate investment advice so that they can choose the investment products that are most optimized for their financial goals.
About this role; responsibilities & ownership
- Evolve backend services for facilitating introduction of best investment products available in the market for our customers while working closely with investment officers and product managers.
- Design and develop APIs for providing the investment related information to our customers in an organised and intuitive manner.
- Enhance the advising capabilities of platform based on customer’s financial goals, helping them make a better investment decision using various products we offer
- Responsible for maintaining and enhancing various market data related services required for advisory and trading
- Responsible for maintaining and enhancing the services related to workflows such as rebate, charge, dividends, transactions and make sure that system is able to scale and support future operation volumes
- Work in agile environment and a cross functional team, collaborate with multiple stakeholders from investment and product teams
Requirements & qualifications
- Bachelors' or above in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent professional experience
- 2-6 years of experience developing distributed systems or building complex applications from scratch
- Self-driven, has a strong sense of ownership and able to work and learn independently
- Comfortable with numbers and motivated by steep learning curves
Nice to haves
- Developed mission-critical products, e.g. trading platforms, medical applications
- Basic knowledge of finance and trading
- Some exposure to CQRS / Event Sourcing patterns
- Basic understanding of infrastructure (e.g. databases, message queues, containers)
- Experience in Scala, Akka, Cassandra, AWS/GCP is preferred
- We are open to hiring remotely in Asia time zones.
Benefits & perks
- Stock options in a fast growing company *
- Employee discount for investing at Endowus
- Flexible working hours and locations so you can live life and your best work - you are trusted to be responsible
- Competitive Staff Benefits; Annual Leave, Medical insurance, Dental *
- Productivity Equipment; Omnidesk Standing Desk & Ergonomic Chairs, Dell UltraSharp USB Type-C Monitor, high-end computer peripherals
- Choice of Apple or PC equipment
- Additional S$250 /HKD 1450 budget for your favourite hardware to boost productivity *
Note: * is only applicable to Full-Time employees
- Email subject: [Role you are applying for], [Your name]
- Attach your CV
- Content portfolio — Original content creation (English and Traditional Chinese), translation (English to Traditional Chinese), any marketing/social media samples
- Cover letter in body of your email
- Desired salary/package
- Notice period (if any)
- Current location
- Visa assistance for role location? (Y/N)