Senior DevOps Engineer
Endowus is Asia’s leading fee-only digital wealth platform. Licensed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) and Hong Kong Securities & Futures Commission (SFC), Endowus is the first digital advisor in the region to span both private wealth (Cash) and public pension savings (CPF & SRS in Singapore), helping all investors grow their money with expert advice, institutional access to financial solutions, low and fair fees, and a delightful personalised digital wealth experience.
Our clients entrust us with a responsibility that goes far beyond technology or financial markets - they entrust us with their wealth - their livelihoods and ambitions of a better future for themselves and their loved ones. Our mission is clear: help people invest better so they can live easier today, and better tomorrow.
The people you will work with
The team has deep domain knowledge in finance and technology, bringing together decades of experience at Morgan Stanley, Amazon, JPMorgan, UBS, Goldman Sachs, Blackstone, Vanguard, ANT, Fidelity, McKinsey, Grab, ByteDance, and many others. See our leadership team here. We practise inclusion and treasure our diversity in background and experience. A diverse team is our biggest asset and we look for people who share our belief in Endowus’ clear mission.
Investors, recognition, licensing
Endowus is backed by global leading strategic and venture capital investors including UBS, SoftBank Ventures Asia, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Samsung Ventures, Prosus Ventures, EDBI, ZVC, Singtel Innov8.
Endowus’ leadership and growth have been recognised by the industry and it has attained numerous awards including Singapore’s Rising Star and Fintech Innovation in Asset Management, CEO of the Year, CIO of the Year (Asia Asset Management’s Best of the Best Awards 2022), Singapore’s Fintech Startup of the Year (The Asset Triple A Digital Awards 2022), LinkedIn Top Start-ups 2021, Forbes Asia 100 to Watch, WealthTech of the Year (Asia FinTech Awards 2022), Top 15 Singapore’s Best Workplaces Award and Top 100 Asia’s Best Workplaces Award 2022 (Great Place to Work).
About this team
The Platform team is the backbone of our Engineering organization and develops the frameworks, infrastructure automation and software engineering foundations that enable our company to deliver a world-class experience to our customers in an efficient and self-serving way. We are a mixed team of Backend and DevOps engineers and care about ease of use, security, stability and scalability.
About this role; responsibilities & ownership
- We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment and enjoys driving innovation through rapid prototyping and iterative development.
- You will need to leverage the entire technology stack to realize these goals and will be part of a team that is constantly tackling difficult questions of scale, architecture, and interaction.
Requirements & qualifications
- Bachelors' or above in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent professional experience.
- You have more than 5 years of experience in managing, provisioning and scaling infrastructure.
- Strong experience in managing Kubernetes clusters and declaring infrastructure as code (Terraform, Pulumi, etc.).
- Knowledge on how to debug and resolve issues down to the network level.
- Self-driven, has a strong sense of ownership and is able to work and learn independently.
- Interest in mentoring and guiding Junior Engineers and promoting best practices across team boundaries.
- Being a team player is key. We are a small but growing team, and we believe in building an environment that fosters a sense of belonging for all of our employees.
Nice to haves
- Knowledge in at least one of the JVM languages such as Java, Kotlin, Scala.
- Experience developing complex distributed systems or building a larger application from scratch.
- Basic knowledge of finance and trading.
- Preferably some exposure to CQRS / Event Sourcing patterns.
- We are open to hiring remotely in Asia time zones.
Benefits & perks
- Stock options in a fast growing company *
- Employee discount for investing at Endowus
- Flexible working hours and locations so you can live life and your best work - you are trusted to be responsible
- Competitive Staff Benefits; Annual leave, Life & Medical Insurance, Flexible Benefits Allowance *
- Office Productivity Equipment; Omnidesk Standing Desk & Ergonomic Chairs, Dell UltraSharp USB Type-C Monitor, high-end computer peripherals
- Choice of latest Apple or PC equipment
- Additional S$250 /HKD 1450 budget for your favourite hardware to boost productivity *
Note: * is only applicable to Full-Time employees
- Email subject: [Role you are applying for], [Your name]
- Attach your CV
- Content portfolio — Original content creation (English and Traditional Chinese), translation (English to Traditional Chinese), any marketing/social media samples
- Cover letter in body of your email
- Desired salary/package
- Notice period (if any)
- Current location
- Visa assistance for role location? (Y/N)