Senior Investment & Quant Analyst
Endowus is Asia’s leading fee-only wealth platform. Headquartered in Singapore, we are the first digital advisor to span both private wealth and public pension savings (CPF & SRS), helping everyone grow all their money with expert advice, institutional access to financial solutions, low & fair fees, and a delightful personalised digital wealth experience.
Our clients entrust us with a responsibility that goes far beyond technology or financial markets - they entrust us with their wealth - their livelihoods and ambitions of a better future for themselves and their loved ones. Our mission is clear: help people invest better so they can live easier today, and better tomorrow.
The people you will work with
The team has deep domain knowledge in finance and technology, bringing together decades of experience at Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, UBS, Credit Suisse, The Blackstone Group, AQR, Grab, Dropbox, Lyft, Redmart, Carousell, Bytedance, Grab, Kakao, Alibaba, and more. See our leadership team here. We treasure our diversity in background and experience, and we look for people who share our belief in our clear mission.
Investors, recognition, licensing
Endowus is backed by its employees and global leading venture capital firms Lightspeed Venture Partners and SoftBank Ventures Asia.
Endowus has been recognised by the industry with the following awards: Singapore’s Rising Star and Fintech Innovation (Asia Asset Management’s Best of the Best Awards 2021), and WealthTech of the Year (Asia FinTech Awards 2021).
Endowus is licensed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS).
About this role; responsibilities & ownership
- Aiding the Chief Investment Officer (former CEO & CIO of Morgan Stanley Investment Management Asia) & Chief Advisory Officer (former Global Co-Head of Advisory & Investment Solutions at DB & product head at various private banks including CS & UBS) in working for the Endowus Investment Office.
- For the investment analyst - key areas of focus will be 1) research & writing on macro, market and asset allocation, 2) portfolio construction & optimization, 3) fund (fund manager) due diligence.
- For the quant analyst 1) quant data analytics with knowledge of multi-stage stochastic modeling and simulation work, 2) quant or systematic quant background preferred 3) strong analytics of funds and portfolios for screening, due diligence, attribution analysis, etc. 4) coding abilities preferred but not required.
- Ability to play BD/Partnerships role with internal stakeholders and external product players - major global and local fund management companies in selecting funds, due diligence, build and maintain partnerships.
- Internal collaboration to build out tech solutions for investing including design, manufacturer and implementation of investment product & platform advisory solutions.
- Involves often manual and tedious work related to maintenance and update of database, FAQs, editing work, data input work, Bloomberg/Morningstar analysis, etc.
Requirements & qualifications
- Strong alignment to the mission and vision of Endowus
- Strong finance, economic, accounting knowledge required. A degree in these disciplines or CFA or MBA is preferred.
- Minimum 2~5 years work in a financial institution of relevance for investment & quant analyst role.
- Strong interest in personal finance, wealth, investing, asset allocation, multi-asset strategy, retirement solutions, roboadvisors, etc.
- A strong desire to learn and grow and collaborate to build a meaningful enterprise in solving for the biggest pain points in investing and wealth by leveraging technology.
- Self-motivated, diligent, collaborative, and uplifting team player with a hunger to learn and contribute.
- Strong communication skills are required. The ability to write content well and public speaking ability will be preferred.
- Ability to use Bloomberg, Morningstar (preferred), spreadsheets, docs, slides/ppt, etc.
Nice to haves
- Additional language skills preferred to participate in future regional expansion.
- Basic or strong understanding of technology as it applies to investing and wealth preferred.
Benefits & perks
- Stock options in a fast growing company
- Flexible working hours and locations so you can live life and your best work - you are trusted to be responsible
- Medical insurance (with dental!)
- The opportunity to work with smart, curious, deeply caring people
- We care about your health and productivity:
- Omnidesk Standing Desk
- 32 inch or 42 inch 4K Dell UltraSharp USB Type-C Monitor
- Multiple-choices of high-end mechanical keyboards, mouses and ergonomic chairs
- Apple/PC equipment
- S$250 budget for your favourite hardware to boost productivity
- S$20 budget for weekly team lunch
- Regular team outings (before COVID-19)
- Employee discount for investing at Endowus; All the investment advice and help you may ever need (books, reports, access to investment professionals)
- Market competitive total compensation package
- A shelf full of books from Personal Finance to Software Engineering
- Awesome office view and cosy environment at 158 Cecil Street (ex-Airbnb Office) yet everyone works hard
How to apply
Everyone can be an Endowus client. If you are not yet a client, please create an account to understand our services and technology, and can see if our mission is something that aligns with your personal beliefs. We value your feedback on our product and will ask you for your insights throughout the interview process.
To apply email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details:
- Email subject: [Role you are applying for], [Your name]
- Attach your CV
- Cover letter in body of your email
- Desired salary/package
- Notice period (if any)
- Current location
- Visa assistance for role location? (Y/N)