Senior Test Automation Engineer
Endowus is Asia’s leading fee-only digital wealth platform. Licensed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) and Hong Kong Securities & Futures Commission (SFC), Endowus is the first digital advisor in the region to span both private wealth (Cash) and public pension savings (CPF & SRS in Singapore), helping all investors grow their money with expert advice, institutional access to financial solutions, low and fair fees, and a delightful personalised digital wealth experience.
Our clients entrust us with a responsibility that goes far beyond technology or financial markets - they entrust us with their wealth - their livelihoods and ambitions of a better future for themselves and their loved ones. Our mission is clear: help people invest better so they can live easier today, and better tomorrow.
The people you will work with
The team has deep domain knowledge in finance and technology, bringing together decades of experience at Morgan Stanley, Amazon, JPMorgan, UBS, Goldman Sachs, Blackstone, Vanguard, ANT, Fidelity, McKinsey, Grab, ByteDance, and many others. See our leadership team here. We practise inclusion and treasure our diversity in background and experience. A diverse team is our biggest asset and we look for people who share our belief in Endowus’ clear mission.
Investors, recognition, licensing
Endowus is backed by global leading strategic and venture capital investors including UBS, SoftBank Ventures Asia, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Samsung Ventures, Prosus Ventures, EDBI, ZVC, Singtel Innov8.
Endowus’ leadership and growth have been recognised by the industry and it has attained numerous awards including Singapore’s Rising Star and Fintech Innovation in Asset Management, CEO of the Year, CIO of the Year (Asia Asset Management’s Best of the Best Awards 2022), Singapore’s Fintech Startup of the Year (The Asset Triple A Digital Awards 2022), LinkedIn Top Start-ups 2021, Forbes Asia 100 to Watch, WealthTech of the Year (Asia FinTech Awards 2022), Top 15 Singapore’s Best Workplaces Award and Top 100 Asia’s Best Workplaces Award 2022 (Great Place to Work).
About the Team
At Endowus, our Test Engineers are the guardians of a great customer experience. Leveraging their strength in quality assurance, our Test engineers are focussed on protecting and improving the quality of our frontend and backend systems through continuous improvements in test planning, test execution, and test automation.
About this role, responsibilities & ownership
- As a Senior Test Automation engineer, work closely with product managers and software developers to provide timely and meaningful feedback regarding testability and usability of features.
- Plan, create and maintain various testing documents such as test plans and test cases based on requirements.
- Develop & maintain automated end-to-end tests across web, mobile and backend microservices.
- Improve testing frameworks and processes on a regular basis.
- Estimate, prioritise, plan, and coordinate functional & regression testing activities.
- Investigate issues and create meaningful bug reports.
- Work in an agile environment and closely collaborate with different teams in the company, participating in the development processes.
- 5+ years of Automation Testing experience in a B2C or financial environment.
- Bachelors' or above in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent professional experience.
- Strong knowledge of Quality Assurance principles, methods and processes.
- Solid understanding of web and mobile technologies and applications.
- Deep experience testing web and mobile, and microservices at both API level and UI level.
- Deep experience in developing automation test frameworks and test scripts for Web and Mobile applications using Selenium, Cypress.io, Appium, or similar technologies.
- Strong knowledge of Functional testing and Usability testing
- Good understanding of infrastructure (e.g. databases, message queues, containers).
- Working knowledge of SQL and experience working with relational and non-relational databases.
- Strong product sense and is empathetic to customers' experiences of using the product
- Comfortable with numbers and motivated by steep learning curves
- Self-driven, has a strong sense of ownership and able to work and learn independently
- Independence and self-reliance while being a proactive team player with excellent communication skills.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of finance, wealth, and trading domain.
- Experience in Load testing, Stress testing and Security testing
- Experience with AWS or GCP, Cassandra, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform.
Benefits & perks
- Stock options in a fast growing company *
- Employee discount for investing at Endowus
- Flexible working hours and locations so you can live life and your best work - you are trusted to be responsible
- Competitive Staff Benefits; Annual leave, Life & Medical Insurance, Flexible Benefits Allowance *
- Office Productivity Equipment; Omnidesk Standing Desk & Ergonomic Chairs, Dell UltraSharp USB Type-C Monitor, high-end computer peripherals
- Choice of latest Apple or PC equipment
- Additional S$250 /HKD 1450 budget for your favourite hardware to boost productivity *
Note: * is only applicable to Full-Time employees
- Email subject: [Role you are applying for], [Your name]
- Attach your CV
- Content portfolio — Original content creation (English and Traditional Chinese), translation (English to Traditional Chinese), any marketing/social media samples
- Cover letter in body of your email
- Requirement for credit bearing
- Notice period (if any)
- Current location
- Visa assistance for role location? (Y/N)