Today, we are excited to introduce Endowus Fund Smart* - A new investment solution on the Endowus wealth platform that allows you to build customisable portfolios with direct access to curated institutional best-in-class funds from the world’s leading asset managers.
Our core suite of model advised portfolios remains the best way to gain globally diversified, low-cost market exposure to generate long term returns. However, we have listened to many current and potential clients and we recognise that each person has varying needs, personal circumstances and different goals requiring different levels of customization.
There is too much choice available to us with thousands of funds - unit trust and ETF - to choose from. It is our job at Endowus to get through the noise and hand-pick a short list of best-in-class funds, at the lowest cost achievable, so you can create personalised portfolios suitable for your goals. So here’s what can you do on the Endowus Fund Smart platform:
- You can build a fully customised portfolio based on your risk tolerance or you can work off our advised portfolios and tweak allocations or even adopt our model portfolios. It’s your portfolio, so the choice is yours.
- Complete flexibility to choose the best funds at your fingertips - screened and curated by the Endowus Investment Office.
- You can also invest into a single fund to your portfolio, sometimes exclusively available to you at Endowus, to complement our advised portfolios.
- All at the lowest cost achievable with our trademark zero sales charge, zero trailer fee institutional funds (or 100% trailer fee rebates on retail funds), at costs that only large institutions or high net worth clients get access to.
Access Model Portfolios with Endowus Fund Smart
You can utilise the Endowus Core+ strategy of using our globally-diversified, low-cost advised portfolios as the core allocation to equities and fixed income, plus Fund Smart to create satellite portfolios to best suit your needs, risk, and goals.
For satellite portfolios, you can also use model portfolios on the Fund Smart Platform, under the recommendation of Endowus Investment Office.
More specific use cases of Fund Smart and model portfolios for you would include the following:
1. Customised Endowus Advised Portfolio
Customise the risk levels and asset allocation of existing Endowus advised portfolios. Previously you had a choice of 6 risk weightings but now a 50:50 or a 70:30 portfolio or any risk weighting of your choice can be created on Fund Smart.
Endowus Cash/SRS Core Advised Portfolios and Risk-based asset allocations
Endowus CPF-OA Core Advised Portfolios and Risk-based asset allocations
2. Endowus Ultra Defensive Bond Portfolio
We are launching a new “Ultra Defensive Portfolio” positioned between a 100% fixed income and our Cash Smart liquidity management accounts, to be a better than cash but safer than fixed income portfolio if you want to boost yield to higher than Cash Smart, or you want to protect your capital and avoid volatility in the short term. A follow-up of our model portfolios can be found here.
3. DIY Cash Management Solutions
Create or replicate any kind of Cash Management Account with an appropriate risk and target yield in mind. You can create or replicate any cash solutions from Robos or other fund platforms here - all simply created on Fund Smart on the Endowus platform. Thereby seamlessly linking your short term cash liquidity management with your investment management across Cash, SRS and CPF all together. There is no need to go anywhere else knowing the costs will be the lowest available.
Endowus Fund Smart means you can create or replicate any cash solutions out there or even build another new higher yielding cash management portfolio for yourself
(All the examples below can be created at the lowest fund level fees right here on Fund Smart)
4. Single Fund Manager Model Portfolios
You can create a portfolio from a single fund manager. For example, a 100% Dimensional only equities or multi-asset portfolio or a 100% PIMCO fixed income portfolio.
5. Other Thematic Investing Options
There are many more options and choices and model portfolios to be released in the future. These can include things like, sector or thematic funds - ESG(Environment, Social, Governance) or SRI(Socially Responsible Investing) options, Technology, Dividends, Income, Real Estate, Commodities, etc.
Great fund management is not new - at Endowus, we stand on the shoulders of giants, working with the largest global and local asset managers with proven track records, safeguards, and efficiencies of scale rather than trying to reinvent the wheel.
All of the best strategies and funds are immediately available on Fund Smart, from names that your familiar with, such as Dimensional, PIMCO, Vanguard, Schroders, Franklin Templeton, Eastspring, Fidelity, Aberdeen Standard, PineBridge, Legg Mason, First Sentier, Fullerton, Lion Global, Nikko, and UOB Asset Management.
We started Endowus on a mission to help people save and invest better and prepare for their future, so they can live easier today, and better tomorrow. Today, thousands entrust their wealth with Endowus - investing Cash, CPF & SRS in optimised portfolios designed for their wealth goals.
We are constantly looking at ways to invest better by:
- Providing direct and curated access to institutional share-class, trailer-free funds from the world’s leading asset managers (list below)
- Helping you understand the expected returns and risks of a portfolio
- Automated monitoring and rebalancing, all the time
- Keeping fees as low as possible with no sales fees, no transaction fees, and Endowus’ industry-first 100% trailer fee rebates
- Ensuring safety and security with assets held securely in my own name, at UOB Kay Hian, Singapore’s largest broker
- Delivering convenience on the 100% digital Endowus platform, investible with Cash, CPF & SRS
For an in-depth analysis by our investment office on how Fund Smart is instrumental to your total investment portfolio, please click here.
How to start using Fund Smart
Fund Smart can only be accessed by new & existing Endowus clients. For new clients you can get going by opening an account at Endowus.com or by clicking on the button below. For existing clients please follow the instructions below;
- Simply log in to your Endowus account;
- Add a new goal;
- Select “Fund Smart” and follow the instructions