Register for the webinar
Join our educational webinar to learn about how private credit works and what goes on behind this multi-trillion-dollar market. Experts from Endowus and Carlyle discuss more.
Watch the webinar replay here
About the session
Private credit has emerged as the third-largest asset class by assets under management (AUM) in the alternatives space. Join this upcoming webinar as we explore the fast-growing multi-trillion-dollar market, delve into the fundamentals of private credit, and unveil the reasons behind its rise in popularity.
This webinar will discuss the core principles and macro trends driving the private credit industry — from the vast opportunities created by the retreat of traditional bank lending to the increasing demand for tailored financing solutions.
This is an informative 101 session that will be hosted by Yulin Liu, Investment Lead, Endowus and Vishal Khemka, Product Specialist at Carlyle. Register today to learn more about:
- What private credit investing is
- How the private credit market has grown to be an important asset class
- Key characteristics of the different private credit segments
- How private credit managers add value
- How to use private credit in investors’ overall portfolio allocation
There will be a Q&A segment at the end of the session. Submit your questions ahead of time here.
- 00:00 - Introduction
- 00:37 - About Endowus
- 03:17 - More about the Carlyle Group
- 05:55 - What is Private Credit?
- 07:33 - History of Private Credit markets
- 10:15 - Historical comparison between direct lending, high yield, leveraged loan and global agg
- 11:20 - Why allocate to Private Credit?
- 13:00 - Different investment strategies of Private Credit
- 17:24 - Comparing risk-return profiles of Private Credit against other options
- 21:50 - Not all credit risk is created equal
- 28:17 - Outlook and trends of the Private Credit market
- 37:20 - Q&A: How do interest rates affect Private Credit?
- 43:32 - Q&A: Impacts of floating vs. fixed rates against Private Credit
- 47:46 - Q&A: How do you view the infrastructure space in Private Credit?
- 49:36 - Q&A: How would Private Credit providers assess credit risk better than banks?
- 55:26 - Q&A: Is there a role for Private Credit investors within the ESG space?
About the speakers
Yulin Liu, Investment Lead, Endowus
Yulin focuses on investment due diligence and portfolio construction, and coordinates with other departments on investment-related matters. Her most recent role was with AQR Capital Management, where she served major institutional investors across Asia in their investment and portfolio monitoring needs.
Yulin holds a Masters in Financial Analysis from London Business School, and a MEng in Engineering, Economics and Management from the University of Oxford.
Vishal Khemka, Product Specialist, Carlyle
Vishal Khemka is Senior Associate & Product Specialist on the Global Credit team. He is based in New York. Prior to joining Carlyle, Vishal was a Senior Associate in the Product Strategy Group at PIMCO, focusing on alternative credit and private strategies.
Vishal holds a B.S. from the New York University Stern School of Business.
This article is for information purposes only and should not be considered as an offer, solicitation or advice for the purchase or sale of any investment products.
Any forward-looking statements, prediction, projection or forecast on the economy, stock market, bond market or economic trends of the markets contained in this material are subject to market influences and contingent upon matters outside the control of Endowus Singapore Pte. Ltd. (“Endowus”) and therefore may not be realised in the future. Further, any opinion or estimate is made on a general basis and subject to change without notice. In presenting the information above, none of Endowus, its affiliates, directors, employees, representatives or agents have given any consideration to, nor have made any investigation of the objective, financial situation, investment eligibility or particular need of any user, reader, any specific person or group of persons. In addition, whilst Endowus has tried to provide accurate and timely information, there may be inadvertent delays, omissions, technical or factual inaccuracies or typographical errors. Therefore, no representation is made as to the completeness and adequacy of the information to make an informed decision.
Investment involves risk. The value of investments and the income from them can go down as well as up, and you may not get the full amount you invested. Past performance is not an indicator nor a guarantee of future performance.
Please note that the above information does not purport to be all-inclusive or to contain all the information that you may need in order to make an informed decision. For example, it does not take into account your eligibility to invest in specific classes or types of products. You should carefully consider (i) whether any investment views and products/ services are appropriate in view of your investment experience, objectives, eligibility, financial resources and relevant circumstances. You may also wish to seek financial advice through a financial advisor or the Endowus platform and independent legal, accounting, regulatory or tax advice, as appropriate.